Thursday, June 20, 2013

Where is Interabang? (Trisha's blog)

It's been quite awhile since we've blogged. We spent the winter and spring in beautiful La Paz and enjoyed an extended stay in one place (sort of) and becoming part of the boating community there. Most our nights were spent at anchor in the Bay off of the town. It can become very expensive to live in a Marina in Mexico and we are trying to make our kitty last.

We renewed our temporary resident cards and that made it necessary to stay in La Paz during that two month process. In late March, we said "Hasta Luego" to our good friends Kyra and Rick of Nyon who sailed off to the South Pacific. In April was Bayfest - a festival of games, seminars, food and drink that took place in La Paz. Derrick and Scotty of Ula Lena took the championship in beach bocce ball. I also went to Buffalo in April to visit family and friends and had a wonderful time while Derrick stayed on the boat, working to get it ready for another summer in the Sea of Cortez.

We left the La Paz area on June 2nd and have been slowly making our way north up the Baja coast. We've been to Isla San Francisco, San Evaristo, Agua Verde, Bahia Candeleros, Isla Danzante, Isla Monserrate. I will post pictures when we have an internet connection.

We are now in a lovely anchorage called Caleta Candeleros Chico (Little Candlestick Cove) that is only large enough for one boat. The breeze is keeping us cooler than we've been in days, there are no bees (that's a whole different story), Derrick is out with his speargun getting us dinner and I am writing this blog. Life is good.

A very good friend, whom we met at the start of our time in Mexico, wrote me an email yesterday asking where we were and what we were doing. She said she checked our blog and it told her nothing. So this blog is for you, Rosanna (and Rick) of Tension Reliever. We are in the Baja and beginning our second summer in the Sea. We miss you and all of our family and friends and I think of you all often.

Oh, and I'm going to miss my High School Reunion that takes place in about a week. I've made it to all but one of the Reunions that take place every 5 years and I'm sad to be missing this one. So if anyone is reading this before the Reunion (Dan?), please send my regards and know that I really wish I could be there.

I'll try to stay in touch.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment